The project’ target is the development of new multifunctional textiles providing simultaneously photocatalytic, auto-sterilizing, self-cleaning and enhanced antimicrobial properties based on innovative graphene oxide/TiO2 nanocomposites able to decompose pollutants in safe, non-toxic compounds, using only solar light.
The present project aims at developing the 4th generation of green photocatalysts by:
• synthesis of graphene oxide/doped titanium composites (GOT) with efficient absorption under UV and visible light;
• formulation of GOT composites as highly adherent solution onto textiles surface;
• development of photocatalytic textiles;
• evaluation of photocatalytic/self-cleaning/antimicrobial performances of the synthesized photocatalysts and textiles against usual pollutants and pathogenic microorganisms,
• biocompatibility/cytotoxicity testing of cells cultures toward photocatalytic compounds.
- composites nanopowders;
- photocatalytic and antibacterial textile materials;
- synthesis technologies of powder composites;
- technologies to coat textiles with photocatalytic;
- scientific papers, presentations at national and international conferences.